Woman and Reality is actively engaged in the process of promoting the UN Convention on the Rights of Persons with Disabilities (UNCRPD) and advancing its implementation in order to help mainstream gender issues in disability.
- Programme "Don's be silent!", csdc-itv.ge (2014)
Topic of discussion: Rights of and challenges faced by women with disabilities in the context of basic principles of the CRPD (equality and non-discrimination) viewed from the perspective of disabled women.
- Programme "Gender issues - Let me speak up!", Freedom Radio (2014)
Topic of discussion: Violence against women with disabilities and their desire to speak about their problems. Who and how can protect their rights?
- In 2014, "Women's Integrated Club" was established to promote resocialization and gender equality of women with disabilities. Within the club, there are arranged meetings and discussions.
Topic of discussion: Preparing recommendations for integrating needs of disabled women in state policy documents and conducting the relevant activities by harmonizing the legislation with the Convention on Elimination of All Forms of Discrimination Against Women (CEDAW) and UN Convention on the Rights of Persons with Disabilities (UNCRPD).
- Since 2019 Woman and Reality has been actively cooperating with local authorities on a central basis (Tbilisi city hall and assembly) as well as on a regional one (Gender Equality Councils of Imereti, Samegrelo and Adjara).
Topic of discussion: Interrelation of Sustainable Development Goals (SDG) and UN CRPD; issues related to gender equality and prospects of women with disabilities; integration of disabled women-related issues in gender policy.
- In 2020, the Georgian government started consultations with disabled people's organizations (DPOs) and representatives of the community.
Topic of Discussion: Barriers and challenges faced by disabled women (girls), elaborating effective mechanisms of advancing the process of integration of the issues related to disabled women in state policy documents, strategies and action plans.